Gartner recently recognized Gozio Health as a Cool Vendor in its September 2018 Cool Vendors in Location Services for Wayfinding. Hospital adoption of system-branded, location based services is on the rise, and the top choice is Gozio’s turnkey mobile platform. Gozio’s proprietary navigation technology doesn’t require any interaction with the enterprise infrastructure. This allows healthcare systems to easily develop a dynamic wayfinding platform for complex campuses, satellite locations and specialty clinics.
“Hospitals want accuracy, ease of implementation, and end-to-end service from their mobile wayfinding vendors, and Gozio’s technology delivers,” says Joshua Titus, CEO and Founder of Gozio Health. “Our experiential wayfinding platform not only provides exceptional navigation, but also exceeds expectations in delivering a personalized patient experience.”
Wayfinding that is not accurate does not do its primary job and will frustrate users, resulting in a negative effect on patient experience. It is essential that the wayfinding technology can determine a smartphone’s current location indoors, provide campus navigation from building to building and hallway to hallway, and be updated in real time to provide accurate guidance to the destination. Indoor location accuracy can be especially challenging and should be evaluated during the vendor selection process.
What to ask potential vendors:
- Does the solution provide seamless navigation from home to parking to the final destination?
- Does the solution provide campus-wide or on-campus, building-to-building navigation?
- Does the solution provide guidance to the optimal parking location based on destination, and can it integrate with parking vendors?
- Does the solution offer parking reminders?
- Does the solution support wayfinding by identifying the user’s current position relative to his or her destination?
- Does it provide blue dot, turn-by-turn, voice and text guidance?
- Is navigation available in multiple languages?
- Can the solution support Google, Apple and Waze for driving directions?
- How accurate is the indoor navigation?
- Does the solution create the “best route” based on current conditions?
- Can a “preferred route” be established based on accessibility?
- Does your app provide an “off-route” message if the user’s actual position strays from the recommended route? Do you have this capability for both indoor and outdoor location tracking?
- What hardware or infrastructure is required for wayfinding, e.g., Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or mobile operating system versions?
- Is navigation available in areas that lack network coverage or have coverage holes?
Gartner subscribers can access the “Cool Vendors in Location Services for Wayfinding” here.
More information on assessing wayfinding technology read, Finding What Works in Mobile Wayfinding:
An Executive Guide to Developing an RFP.
Gartner, Cool Vendors in Location Services for Wayfinding, Tim Zimmerman, Annette Zimmerman, 18 September 2018.
Gartner Disclaimer: The GARTNER COOL VENDOR badge is a trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc., and/or its affiliates, and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.