AHA Webinar: Transforming our Patients’ Experience with Technology
Piedmont Healthcare’s Patient-Centric Mobile Wayfinding App
Thursday, May 17, 2018
1 – 2 p.m. Eastern; noon – 1 p.m. Central; 10 – 11 a.m. Pacific
As the consumerization of health care grows, more patients expect health care systems to offer convenient, personalized experiences. Piedmont Healthcare, a $3.5 billon, seven-hospital system in North Georgia, developed a mobile wayfinding platform that allows patients to use smartphones to guide them from home to the right parking garage and then step-by-step to their destination.
The platform addresses the patient experience challenges of the growing health system and has additional features to meet patients’ medical care needs. The patient-centric mobile app, PiedmontNow, has become a hub for improving convenience and accessibility to the health care system and a trusted resource in the patient journey.
Katie Logan, VP Experience at Piedmont, will discuss the best practices for developing a hospital-branded mobile app including prioritizing patient experience, leading with wayfinding to drive app adoption, achieving clinical improvements with feature-rich content, and evaluating analytics for ROI.
What You Will Learn:
- How to make improvements in convenience and access to care that can be addressed with a patient-centric mobile platform
- Key objectives of a mobile platform to promote patient experience
- Ways to recognize indoor navigation as significant motivation to adopt a hospital’s mobile platform
- The value of one hospital-branded, mobile platform with multiple patient engagement opportunities in becoming a trusted resource in the patient journey
- How to assess ROI of a mobile app based on real-time analytics
Vice President, Experience