Tuesday, March 6, 2018 from 2:30 – 3:30 p.m.
Katie Logan, VP Patient Experience, Piedmont Healthcare
Navigating and accessing large hospital systems can be difficult for patients. Piedmont Healthcare, a $3.5 billon, seven-hospital system in North Georgia developed a mobile wayfinding platform allowing patients to use smartphones to get from home, to the right parking garage, and step-by-step guidance to their destination to vastly improve patient experience and address additional patient experience challenges of the growing health system.
This session discusses the best practices for developing a hospital-branded mobile app including prioritizing patient experience, leading with wayfinding to drive adoption, realizing clinical improvements with feature-rich content, and evaluating analytics for ROI.
- Identify key objectives of a mobile platform to promote patient experience
- Identify clinical improvement opportunities such as access to care, decreasing missed appointments and staff interruptions that can be addressed with a mobile wayfinding solution
- Recognize wayfinding as a significant motivation to adopting a hospital’s mobile platform
- Demonstrate the value of one hospital-branded, mobile platform with feature-rich content and multiple patient engagement opportunities
- Assess ROI and sustained engagement of a mobile app based on real time analytics